The following pictures were taken just 2 days ago at the Multi-Stake LDS Prom at the Rancho Cucamonga Stake Center.



We were all shocked and saddened to hear the news this morning of the passing of our dear friend and Stake President, John Hadfield. He just spoke at our Ward Conference yesterday and seemed to be fine. Our families have known each other --- more than known each other --- we raised our families together and shared many wonderful experiences over the last 30 years. We were more like family than friends. In our little neighborhood (nicknamed Mormon Acres) here in Rancho Cucamonga at one time we had 13 LDS families, I think, all living in close proximity. It was a great environment for children to grow up in at that time. We were very blessed to have each other. We will miss John dearly and pray for Lexine and their family as they go through this trial. One of my favorite quotes is by Elder Maxwell, "Whatever the heartache, the Lord will compensate." President John Hadfield, a more righteous man you'll never meet.
The following words were written by our Stake YW President and sent around in an email today.
"Wherefore, now let every man learn his duty, and to act in the office in which he is appointed, in all diligence" (D&C 107:99).
President Hadfield worked with all diligence in his calling as Stake President of the Rancho Cucamonga California Stake. Personally, I have never seen such dedication, love, sacrifice, and hard work quite like that given by our dear President Hadfield. Oh how he loved missionaries and our youth! The youth knew it and loved him right back. He was a 'hands on' Stake President. He was continually looking for ways to bless and strengthen our youth. He loved with all his heart and worked hard to show it. President Hadfield was a doer, not just a dreamer. He made every effort to be guided by the Lord in everything he did. He had ready hands and a willing heart. President Hadfield was a true disciple of Christ. It was an honor to serve under him as the Stake Young Women's President. I learned so much from him. I feel incredibly blessed to call him, and his sweet wife, my friends. I will miss his endearing smile and his positive spirit. His influence has been made and he will be greatly missed by every member of our Stake and everyone else who knew him. He a was a great, great man. President John C. Hadfield was a man of truth!
Our thoughts, love, and prayers go to Lexine and her dear, sweet family at this time. We pray that they will feel the Lord's love and feel encircled in His arms at this time.
6 comments:
How sad! What happened?
What a great tribute. I was so shocked and sad to hear the news myself.. I fell so bad for their family and lexine.. He was such a great man.
Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm John's nephew and it really means a lot to see these.
- joseph hadfield, provo
so so sad.
President Hadfield was a great man.
Im tricia Price once Tricia Slind. Served my mission in Sanbernardino and in Rancho. Jan 1999 to Aug 2000... You look familiar...what was your maiden name? were you in Tera vista ward? Id love to hear back from you
Hey guys, Jim and Liana Wilson here. I found you blog through a friend of mine. So sad what happened to Pres Hadfield. We were so shocked. Well, just wanted to say hi and what a cute family you guys have. Keep in touch k.
Hey, thanks for posting this, I was so shocked to hear about Pres. Hadfield. I loved looking at those sweet pics of the two of them, what an awesome couple and a great man!
Post a Comment