CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

OuR LiTTle GeT AwaY!!

Rey and I were able to go on a little 2 night 3 day get away, thanks to my parents who were willing to watch our kiddos. We went to Disneyland and LA. Rey surprised me by reserving us a room at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel, in the heart of Los Angeles. I was SO excited when we pulled up and he told me that that was where we were staying. I was amazed at how huge and beautiful it was on the inside and out. We watched the Super Bowl, there at the hotel in it's lobby/bar area, where they had like 10 huge flat screens on the walls. It was fun to watch it even if it was with people we didnt know...we met some nice people there and enjoyed the game together. Later that night we made an appointment at the hotels spa to have a couples massage done. Oh my gosh, it was so relaxing and neat to have Rey right next to me. We each got a 75 minute massage and it was funny because when they were done, they both had to wake us up and when we stood up we were both so relaxed that we could hardly even walk. We got back to our room around 11:30pm and vegged. We watched Four Christmas' (cute movie) and then fell asleep. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect night. Then we woke up and went to Disneyland. We had a blast, well how can you not have fun at the "Happiest Place on Earth" right? The next day we went to downtown LA to Olvera St. For those of you who have never been there, it is a Mexican Marketplace, where you can shop and eat authentic Mexican food. Rey was so cute....he was so excited to go there because he wanted to use his Spanish and eat some of the food that reminded him of his mission. I loved watching him speak Spanish, I don't know what it is, but it just touches my heart to see him interact with those people. Well we had an amazing time! It was nice to be able to focus just on each other for those couple of days, and not have to worry about kids or work.

Rey enjoying some yummy tacos from Olvera St.


At Disneyland by our brick

We bought this brick when we were on our honeymoon.


On Tom Sawyer's Island.



In front of the castle at night.


In the Westin Bonaventure




Rey at the pool at like 10:30pm. The pool was really warm but it was too cold for me outside to get in.




Watching the Super Bowl


This is what I did while Rey went swimming.









This is just a glimpse of what the hotel was like on the inside.



Rey messing around



I loved our windows, as you can see they went from the floor to the ceiling. The view was awesome, especially at night.




These two pictures were our view from our room.






The outside of the hotel.



17 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson

Looks like a great trip!

Edie and Luke

I'm so glad you guys got to get away! You deserved it!

THE TOKI TRIBE

Well I'm 100% jealous!! You guys look like you had SOO much fun. The hotel looks so nice and I have been wanting to get a massage like that for like 10 years now!! Glad you got to get away without the kids!!

The Fast Family

Isn't the Boniventure awesome? I loved it. I loved the huge windows too. Did you guys go to the top floor? There is a restuarant there. It's fun to ride down on the elevators from the top floor cause it's so fast and i takes my stomach away. Im glad you guys had a fun get away together. That's awesome.

Mitch and Serretta Barlow

Man your hotel was awesome! That looks like so much fun! I am very jealous that you got to be at Disneyland! That looks like so much fun! Invite Mitch and me next time! :)

♥Mommy Of 2♥

Wow, that looked ike an awesome trip! I will have to try that hotel. It is always fun to get away from it all just the two! Glad you had a fun time!

Jason & Claire

Fun! It's always so nice to get away for a couple of days. That's so cool that you got a brick on your honeymoon!

I love your hair in the girls night out pics and Emree has the most beautiful eyes ever!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com

What a great time! I am glad you got away. Dad and I did that often. Even for just a night would make a difference. You feel alive again! Love the pics of Rey at Olvera St. He was in his element! Love ya.

aubri

Oh man, that is SO awesome! It looks like you guys had a blast!I need to learn how to feel comfortable leaving E because that looks like it'd be so relaxing! I think I'm most jealous of your couples' massages! Woo for you two!

Maria

Lucky! It sounds like an awesome trip. I'm glad you were able to get away.

Jer & Di

I LOVE Olvera St. When i was a little girl in San Bernardino, my Da would just say 'Let's go get taquitos' and we'd get in the car, drive down there, and Mom would get out, we'd circle the block, then he'd get back in and we'd eat them while we drove back home! Great memories!

Scott and Mandi

LOVE the pics!! I'm so glad you got to get away! Remember, the next stop is Catalina baby!!! :) Hey, did you know Scott's grandparents owned a shop on Olvera street??

LAURA and ELIZA

Mel! That looks like it was so much fun! What would it be like to be away from kids!? The hotel looks awesome and I am soooo very jealous that u went to disneyland!

Jordan

What a get-away! I want one!
Jordan

Gary and Julie

You and Rey always look great together, How Fun!!! Gary and I stayed at that hotel for our 1st anniversary...it really is amazing! The window and mirror and bed and I could just go on, it's definetly worth the money=)

Wendy

sounds fabulous- how fun for you guys.

The Justice Family

Thanks for the comment and the all the suggestions for names! One of my top names is Claire. My mom isn't a fan of the name. It is hard when someone you are close to doesn't like the name. We will have to see. It will grow on her if we decide to use it. I am glad you check in on my blog every once in a while. I love to check your blog every once in a while. Your kids are so adorable. Good to hear from you!